Anarchy on the streets of Brisbane,
Nelson Groom, Mail Online, October 27, 2014
Protesters vow to ‘smash the G20’ summit next month with violent demonstrations, while police launch a special court for mass arrests
- Local activist factions are planning violent protests
- An activist medic team has launched to treat protesters on site
- Police have planned a 24 hour special court in Brisbane
- Experts believe notorious international groups such as Black Bloc could be mobilising for the event
- G20 meetings have been met with large scale riots in the past
A number of online anarchist groups have emerged, threatening to hold violent protests before and during next month’s G20 summit in Brisbane.
The news comes as authorities announced plans for a 24-hour court to deal with the expected mass arrests.